Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse 16 years old- drug possession/distribution -- felony!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wereallmonsters

I'm Emily, 16 years old. I recieved a 'pot brownie' at school on thursday. I didn't eat any of it, but I had it in my purse. I asked my friend if she wanted half, because she told me the day before shed pay for half. She said she didn't have the money so we walked to class. In class she asked for a bite so she took a bite of it, then my other friend did the same. Anyway, we got caught and the school cop came and got me. She told me it was a felony to have possession of marijuana in food, and i distributed it by giving them a bite. This is my first offense, I've never even been to the principal's office before. What can I do to not get a felony? A felony will ruin the rest of my life, student loans, getting a job, the consequences are vast. I take responsibility for my actions, but I can't have that high of a sentance. What can I say/do to lessen the sentence.. I already gave them names of the dealer ):

You are unlikely to be convicted of a felony, and maybe not even a misdemeanor if you really do have a squeaky clean record. Expect probation.

I have never committed a crime, been stopped by the police, or gotten in trouble at school. I've read that Michigan is really strict on drug laws though.. if they do decide to charge me with a misdemeanor is there anything I could do to get that dropped, or at least a not as harsh punishment?

Most of the time first time offenders especially at your age will be offered a difered sentence. I would say nothing else about this to anyone but your attorney from here on out and let your attorney work soem magic. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back