Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 16 MIP California

Status
Not open for further replies.

djg10

I was at a party last night and received an MIP of "Minor in possess of alcoholic beverage, 1/7 full small water bottle".
I did indeed have the bottle in my hand, and it was indeed 1/7th ish full of an alcoholic beverage. The misdemeanor was circled.

This is my first offense of any kind, and I am a 16 year old upcoming senior at high school with a 3.8 GPA, 2290 SAT, and 6 5's on Ap tests.

I'm wondering:
1) If there is any way to have the misdemeanor NOT go on my permanent record. I turn 18 while in college, so I need to not have it on my record by the time I apply to college, which is very very soon.
2) Having the misdemeanor changed to an infraction? How would I go about this?
3) Going through a diversion program (County: Orange County, in So Cal) that may be offered? How can I approach this?
4) Is there any way to save my driver's license? I realize that under the code 25662 (A) B&P if convicted of this misdemeanor, I SHALL have my license taken away for a year.
5) Pleading...since its a juvenile situation, is there the whole pleading deal? If so, what should I plead? I admitted to the police officer I had a few sips of the beverage and that it was not mine, but since I was not under an oath, this should not hold, am I correct? Will the police officer be present? What would pleading not guilty mean I am doing?

I was at a party last night and received an MIP of "Minor in possess of alcoholic beverage, 1/7 full small water bottle".
I did indeed have the bottle in my hand, and it was indeed 1/7th ish full of an alcoholic beverage. The misdemeanor was circled.

This is my first offense of any kind, and I am a 16 year old upcoming senior at high school with a 3.8 GPA, 2290 SAT, and 6 5's on Ap tests.

I'm wondering:
1) If there is any way to have the misdemeanor NOT go on my permanent record. I turn 18 while in college, so I need to not have it on my record by the time I apply to college, which is very very soon.
2) Having the misdemeanor changed to an infraction? How would I go about this?
3) Going through a diversion program (County: Orange County, in So Cal) that may be offered? How can I approach this?
4) Is there any way to save my driver's license? I realize that under the code 25662 (A) B&P if convicted of this misdemeanor, I SHALL have my license taken away for a year.
5) Pleading...since its a juvenile situation, is there the whole pleading deal? If so, what should I plead? I admitted to the police officer I had a few sips of the beverage and that it was not mine, but since I was not under an oath, this should not hold, am I correct? Will the police officer be present? What would pleading not guilty mean I am doing?

First of all, stop talking.
This will never go on your adult record.
You'll be adjudicated throgh a juvenile court, eventually.
You should be working hand in hand with your parents or guardians.
As a minor, you are a legal incompetent.
You have no rights.
Your parents possess all your legal rights.
They are your legal voice.

You should work with them to hire a lawyer for you.
If they can't afford one, ask the court to appoint one to represent you and protect your interests.
Plead not guilty, and stop talking about this.
The state has to prove their case against you.
As long as you talk, you help them hang you!
That is why we all have the "right to remain silent".

You have defenses, if things went down as you said.
I won't go into them, other than to say, you need a lawyer.
Whatever happens (which will be very little) in the end, this will never become a part of your adult record.
So, stop worrying about that.

Drivers license?
Who cares?
Yeah, you do.
What we're talking about is making this whole damn thing disappear.
If it is zapped, your license won't go anywhere.
That's one of many reasons why you plead NOT GUILTY and ask for a lawyer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back