Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 16 in IL Charged w/ "theft or mislaid property"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhollyhoodx

Hi, so I'm 16 in IL. I was working at a department store for barely 2-3 months and I stole money from the register while bagging out. I stole $120 and got caught, agreed to pay the money back...cops came, took me in, got finger printed and all that...wasn't put in jail or anything just finger printed and i was released. The cop gave me a ticket...its a traffic ticket or well it looks like it and said court would be like traffic court. i explained why i took the money to the cop and everything. so i have court next week and im just wondering whats going to happen at court since the cop said it was like traffic court? can i just go in and plead guilty and pay the fine?
is there a possibility that the people from the department store might show up?
help please.

The Cop is wrong this is a midemeanor at very least. You need to talk to an Attorney and not say another word to Police until you have

Well the thing is, my parents aren't being very helpful with the situation so i'm pretty much on my own with this one. So my plan was to walk in there, wait with everyone else, wait for my name to be called, plead guilty, and just pay the fine.
but now i'm worried, what can happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back