Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse 11357 (b) possession of Marijuana under 1 ounce and its impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanzibar

Hi to all. Some days ago I received a 11357 (b) ticket for possessing MJ under 1 ounce. I was sitting in my friend's car, which was not ignited and I wasn't the driver. Officer found a miserably little amount on me and I didn't have a medical permission. I accepted it to be mine and got the ticket with the box marked as a TRAFFIC VIOLATION. I know that 11357b is treated as an infraction now. The issue is that a lot of sources contradict to each other, whether it goes to your criminal record, driving record (even if I wasn't driving) or somewhere else. The other issue is that I am in almost completed process of obtaining a green card and will that affect the decision somehow. I am over 21 and this is my first violation ever. This happened in Glendale, CA. I read that this violation makes you inadmissible, so if you.leave the country, you won't be able to come back if you're not a citizen. Serious impact for an infraction. Thank you much in.advance for any help.

See a lawyer. Yes,a drug conviction can impact your immigration status. You're a guest here. I suggest you obey ALL OF OUR LAWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back