10 day eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatguy1980

The police came to my house on Friday. because with the landlord because it was said that I was smoking weed in the apartment. The police came in looked through the place briefly and talked to us for about 10 min in the apartment with the door shut. The 2 police said that they didn't smell any odors and told us they don't have a problem just don't do it in apartment and I told them we don't. They also said that they have permission from the landlord at any time to walk around the premises and if they smell anything that we'll be in trouble. I told them I had no problem with that because I don't smoke but cigarettes outside. The landlord then came up to the door 2 min later with the police and said that he could smell the cover up of the weed smell. I asked what he was talkin about and he said he's not stupid and not playing anymore and that we have 10 days and will be getting served on Monday. Yesterday (Saturday) we came home to a 10 day eviction notice signed by the landlord saying we broke the lease because of drug activity. It I November and my fiancé is 9 months pregnat. Can they do this? Is this legal?

Last edited:
The landlord may try to intimidate you, but you are not required to leave until the owner takes you to court and gets a judge to order you or

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back