you're fired!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itiswhatitis

Hello,

I recently seperated from my wife. It was a messy breakup. She filed a restraining order, and falsly accussed me of domestic violence. Anyhow, hurt, of how things went on. I contacted after being served. I went to jail, bailed out the following day. Here's my question.. when I went back to work..they fired me, and said I vilolated the law. Is this possible?

Any response would be appreciated.

You were arrested this means you violated a law or are at least accussed of it. Unless you have a cba or employment contract an employer may terminate you at anytime for any or no reason long as it violates no law. There appears to be no such law violation here

Thank you for your quick response. What is a cba? If my wife dismasses the restraining order, and the judge approves it, would I be able to get my job back?

If you dont know what a cba is (collective bargainning agreement) then you dont have one. Far as getting your back that is up to your employer

If you are asking whether or not the employer will be forced to hire you back, no, that will not happen. The law will not force him to hire you back since the termination was not illegal, even if possibly unfair.

If you are asking whether or not the employer might reconsider and consent to hiring you back, sure, that's always possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back