Your advice, please....

Archimedes0404

Jurisdiction
Georgia
In August, 2015, we put our house up for sale. When we had done so in the past, a neighbor, had contacted our listing agent each time and abrasively and aggressively tried to get him to lower the price on our home, as he was under the impression it was, "overpriced." He has done this the past two times we have listed our home, and harassed and tried to intimidate us many times in the past, with no success.

In 2006, he would not leave our property when asked to nicely, and we had to contact the police. The officer took the report and told him to get off our property. He then threatened us physically in front of the officer. He would try to hire people who worked for us to try to pump them for private information. These people he would try to scam would always warn us.

He is a repeat scam artist, always on the take and looking for ways to extort money or sue frivolously. He is a low income manager, always on the take, has a million complaints about him, trying to get into everyone's business so we knew before we listed our house recently that this jerk would most likely try to gain entry to our home via an external agent to continue the harassment and stalking, and take it to the next level. In reaction to this realization, we rightfully instructed our agent to put in the MLS broker comments to not show this guy our home. As we expected, he tried exactly that on November 3rd, 2015 – to gain entry to our home via an external agent. Upon learning that his access was denied, he actually had the gall to contact my agent's broker and threatened to sue us and them because this stalker was barred entry to our home! REALLY? Suing someone because you have had issues in the past and they want to keep you out of their home? I also banned him from leasing any of the properties at my commercial firm as well.

Georgia likes to make victims WORK for restraining orders, so we are creating a paper trail, so far have a police report about the harassment of our agents and threatening to sue us because we barred his entry. Next will come a Criminal Trespass Warning. The police in my city are wonderful, and have really helped us. They know him WELL.

What else can I do to make it REALLY difficult for this jerk to keep trying to come onto our property until we can sell? Thanks in advance!!

Restraining orders are simply pieces of paper, not made of KEVLAR.

People have died believing restraining orders would stop bullies, bums, crazies, and other assorted critters bent on doing YOU violence.

The best way to get a critter to leave you alone is to ignore the critter, think STIMULUS-RESPONSE.

You ignore the behavior, the critter feels unrewarded, and will skitter away to greener pastures.

IGNORING any critter is far more effective than any piece of paper, or even KEVLAR.

Stop wasting your precious time observing the actions of an uncouth, ill mannered critter.

Hey there, thank you for your message.

I am not afraid of this jerk, I can easily shove my Walther down his throat if he ever comes in my home, I just want to keep him at bay without all the hassle.

I love your usage of "critter" - that is a great description, hahaha!! We have been ignoring him since 2006, but he keeps inserting himself. He just keeps coming on because we called his bluff. I guess scammers don't like that!

His threat to sue us because we won't let him in our listing is toothless at best, right? I see you are a Judge, so would you laugh him out of court and call frivolous?

Thank you again!

Hey there, thank you for your message.

I am not afraid of this jerk, I can easily shove my Walther down his throat if he ever comes in my home, I just want to keep him at bay without all the hassle.

I love your usage of "critter" - that is a great description, hahaha!! We have been ignoring him since 2006, but he keeps inserting himself. He just keeps coming on because we called his bluff. I guess scammers don't like that!

His threat to sue us because we won't let him in our listing is toothless at best, right? I see you are a Judge, so would you laugh him out of court and call frivolous?

Thank you again!

He's just a noisy, little critter.
Some critters are akin to crickets, other than tasty bait for bass fishing, they are useless and noisy.
No critter has ever served a useful purpose, while alive.
Yes, if your critter were to bring such a lawsuit, I'd toss it quickly, and my bailiff would toss him.

If a person is intent on suing you, its rarely announced.
A person with a real lawsuit knows the value of the element of surprise.

Back