young military wife and mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrmom2008

I am 24 yrs old. I married my husband a week before he left for Boot Camp. When he moved to a different state i stayed home with my parents. i was pregnant and I didnt want to move to where i would have no help with the baby while he was at work or if he was to deploy. Our son was born with Cystic Fibrosis. With my son being sick i felt it best to stay where we were, where we had the best drs in the state 15 mins away. when my husband deployed i quit my job to stay home with our son. Now that my husband is coming home soon from over seas, he is wanting us to move to a new state where the closest CF hospital is an hr away, just so he has his wife and son with him. I understand he wants us there with him, but right now our 1 1/2 yr old is more important than what he wants. My fear is that when my husband comes home he wont like us staying where we are and he will ask for a divorce. If he were to fill for divorce could he fill for custody as well? With me not having a job and no way to support my son or myself would my husband look like the better choice to raise a child? I live at home still with my parents and they buy the food and my son has clothes on his back and is taken care of. But if my husband wanted it, could he be granted custody?

You got Married. Go live with your husband. Yes, your husband could get a divorce for abandonment (you abandoning him) and ask for custody of your child. Go live with your husband and cut your apron strings with Mom and Dad. If you didn't want to be a military wife, WHY DID YOU MARRY?

I also suggest you get a job and find a way to support yourself. It is not a good idea to depend on your husband and parents 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back