Yoose a Purty Marine, but is Yoose Fit to Fight?

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
Opera Snapshot_2022-03-24_201318_www.dailymail.co.uk.png
The US Marine Corps will allow service members to wear longer hair, two-tone nail polish and black socks with their combat utility uniform as part of a push for more 'diversity' and 'inclusion.'

The military branch unveiled the changes on Wednesday, after they were approved by a Marine Corps uniform board last month.

As part of the update, Marines will be permitted to grow the 'bulk of their hair' up to three inches - an increase from the current two inches - meaning that they could have thicker hair.

In addition, male Marines will be able to 'edge up' their hair, which includes removing a 'widow's peak,' or shaving excessive hair on the forehead to make for a neater hairline.

Women, however, are still barred from wearing their hair in a ponytail.

Another addition to the soldiers' wardrobe will be black or olive drab socks. Previously, Marines were only permitted to wear coyote brown hosiery with their utilities.

The uniform board also decided to allow Marines who have special characters in their last names, such as apostrophes, accent marks and hyphens, to display them on their standard-used nametapes.

Marine Corps exceeded its recruitment goals for 2021, with the active-duty enlisted target rising from 28,048 to 29,600.

Marines approve two-tone nail polish for troops and longer hair | Daily Mail Online

When I began my army service decades ago, we were expected to become soldiers.

We were one among many.

We were expected to assimilate, not pontificate.

In fact, my drill sergeant would say it regularly, "You do it the army way, not your way. The army does one thing and that is to fight."

Back