Yet another neighbor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidshock

Hi, I got a quick question as to what I can do to stop this problem I am having with one of my neighbors. Not to tear her down but I think she has a drinking problem or maybe even a mental problem. She moved in about a year or two ago and since she has moved in we have been nothing but harassed by her. She has called the cops several times because she claims that our cars have been parked for more that 72 hours on the street and lately with one of my cars, which I am trying to sell currently so I need it publicly viewable, she has complained several times and when I move the car from the street and into my driveway she then calls the homeowners association(which doesnt investigate the problem, they just send out the notice and if they receive a second complaint they just fine). The home owners association then fines us for our car being "unsitely". Which hey, the car is 15 years old, of course its seen better days, it used to be my commuter car and now I am trying to get rid of it.

They main problem now is the car situation since I am trying to sell the car. However we receive complaints from the home owners association non stop claiming that our trash cans were not in before 5pm and that our dog is a problem, etc. We have even had her come right up and wake us up at 6 in the morning just to tell us she just called the cops on us because of one of our cars. The list goes on and on. We have tried to be nice about the situation and have gone to excessive measures to please this neighbor and yet she keeps causing problems for us. I seriously feel like I have to live in fear at my own home because I might offend this neighbor in some way, shape, or form. My family and I have already begun looking for another place to move to but unfortunately it wont happen soon enough, we are looking at several months most likely.

acidshock said:
Hi, I got a quick question as to what I can do to stop this problem I am having with one of my neighbors. Not to tear her down but I think she has a drinking problem or maybe even a mental problem. She moved in about a year or two ago and since she has moved in we have been nothing but harassed by her. She has called the cops several times because she claims that our cars have been parked for more that 72 hours on the street and lately with one of my cars, which I am trying to sell currently so I need it publicly viewable, she has complained several times and when I move the car from the street and into my driveway she then calls the homeowners association(which doesnt investigate the problem, they just send out the notice and if they receive a second complaint they just fine). The home owners association then fines us for our car being "unsitely". Which hey, the car is 15 years old, of course its seen better days, it used to be my commuter car and now I am trying to get rid of it.

They main problem now is the car situation since I am trying to sell the car. However we receive complaints from the home owners association non stop claiming that our trash cans were not in before 5pm and that our dog is a problem, etc. We have even had her come right up and wake us up at 6 in the morning just to tell us she just called the cops on us because of one of our cars. The list goes on and on. We have tried to be nice about the situation and have gone to excessive measures to please this neighbor and yet she keeps causing problems for us. I seriously feel like I have to live in fear at my own home because I might offend this neighbor in some way, shape, or form. My family and I have already begun looking for another place to move to but unfortunately it wont happen soon enough, we are looking at several months most likely.
Homeowners associations can be a major hassle. If you're ready to move, this might be the quickest way to alleviate the problem. Unfortunately there is no instant remedy and all will be moot in a short time. Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back