Yet another ebay Fraud/Copyright problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DariaJ

Bought a ''gucci'' bag on ebay. Guaranteed authentic or $ refunded. Paid via postal MO. Brought to Gucci, they say its fake, but won't put it in writing. Seller will not accept refund without authentification in writing from Gucci. Went to independent company who said they will put in writing that it is fake. Seller says they will accept only from Gucci and that outside company has no authority to authenticate Gucci bags. Ebay suspended seller, but can not get money back. Seller had zero feedback. Seller told me I would need Gucci written authent. before I bid, but I did not know they would not do it. Seller said I should have asked questions or for add'l pics before bidding and will not refund. If we are in two different states, can I file in small claims and how does that work. Would I have to go there, or her to my state. Would it really be worth the time and effort for $250? I don't think Gucci will go after a one time seller--probably not the FBI, local police either. If I proceed with small claims-will independent company's authent. hold up in court even if Gucci says they do not endorse or authorize them? What if the address listed on ebay is also fake. How can I find out the real address. She supposedly moved from the address I mailed the $ to (maybe that was a lie too)

hello there..

I feel your frustration because I went through the same process.. First, you can try to do your best to get whatever money you can back from the seller.. try to offer to pay the shipping cost plus the listing fee for ebay to see if the seller would agree for a refund. ( it is worth a try).. Actually, I found a website that might be of some help to you (even though they deals with LV bags only.. but you can get an idea of what you can do in a case like this).. It can be quite helpful and you can even email the webmaster and check with her since she knows so much about cases like these.. hope this helps.. here's the link

http://www.mypoupette.com/fraud.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back