Consumer Law, Warranties yes I know I am a sucker but who do I make hold to which contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracys

I have two contracts for a television.One is a rental agreement with a rental co and one is with a friend. The television was first rented to my friend and it got broken by her child while in my daughters care.Since my daughter was in part at fault I agreed to pay half the tv cost and put it in my name with the rental company,.They signed a contract with me to pay half also by a set date.The rental com was suppose to pick up the tv and deliver it to my home per there contract they never did.When I fell behind by two weeks because I was in the hospital they sent me letter telling me they were gonna take me to jail for theft of the tv.I called them and asked them if the friend had made any payments and they said that there only concern was my contract with them .So I asked them where the tv was and they said they hadn't picked it up nor had my friend gave it back to them.so my friend is in breach of the first contract by not returning the property . the contract with the rental company states this.It also states they are responsible for the damage to set.I am trying to do the right thing here.I no longer live in that county and the friends have not nor has the rental company stuck to there contract.what is my recourse? By the way according to my contract the tv is new.

Last edited:
I don't understand what is going on. First, who are the contracts between and it doesn't matter who has the TV, it is between the company and you both times? One with each of you and your friend? If your friend had not made arrangements to return the property then I'm not sure how you can claim the company is at fault. The best thing to do is to get the property back to the company - wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back