Yellow cab accident and whiplash injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayrayray

My friends told me that this is a great place to ask questions so I have some if somebody can help me out a little. I was in a yellow cab in new york yesterday, actually manhattan. The driver wasn't bad and was actually got me most of the way downtown when we got hit by another yellow cab. It was sort of a merge when you go downtown by broadway to time square. Today i woke up and i was really feeling a lot of neck pain and had to go to the doctor. I was able to walk out of the accident yesterday and have the receipt. Is it possible that i might be paid back for some of the medical costs. My doctor says I am going to need physical therapy.

My friends told me that this is a great place to ask questions so I have some if somebody can help me out a little. I was in a yellow cab in new york yesterday, actually manhattan. The driver wasn't bad and was actually got me most of the way downtown when we got hit by another yellow cab. It was sort of a merge when you go downtown by broadway to time square. Today i woke up and i was really feeling a lot of neck pain and had to go to the doctor. I was able to walk out of the accident yesterday and have the receipt. Is it possible that i might be paid back for some of the medical costs. My doctor says I am going to need physical therapy.

First of all, make sure your physician is an MD or a DO.

Going to DC will not be looked upon well by most insurance carriers.

No, I won't debate how great a DC is for you, because that doesn't matter.

So, keep your receipts, and expenses, and visit with a lawyer.

The lawyer will speak with you at no cost for the initial consultation.

If you have a good case, the lawyer will represent you on a contingency basis (usually 1/3 of what you receive), no out of pocket money required to your lawyer.

You didn't say, and you don't need to say, but I hope a police report was filed.

If one wasn't, it'll be like ServPro says, "It never happened."

Thanks judge. A police report was filed because there were cops there and they are all over the place during the holiday season. Yes, I went to an MD who told me about PT. :) I think I should eventually be okay but right now it's a lot more pain than I ever imagined. I really appreciate you helping put my mind at ease and more on top of my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back