xhub charges computer trespass

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktoney5

x and I had joint email. after divorce he never changed pswrd. I had access and printed email where he purchased marjuana paraphernalia which I tried to used in custody case. He is now pressing computer tresspass charges. I've been told I'm okay, as it is implied consent since he never changed pswrd. Now I'm just sitting and waiting for sheriff to come take me away. Is this the way it works? Will I be arrested and booked into jail???

x and I had joint email. after divorce he never changed pswrd. I had access and printed email where he purchased marjuana paraphernalia which I tried to used in custody case. He is now pressing computer tresspass charges. I've been told I'm okay, as it is implied consent since he never changed pswrd. Now I'm just sitting and waiting for sheriff to come take me away. Is this the way it works? Will I be arrested and booked into jail???
I'd highly doubt you're going to jail for this so stay calm. If you had access to the account, shared it, and it wasn't divided, then you may not need words like "implied consent" since you jointly shared the account as an individual accout and had actual consent. Was the email account ever distributed to either of you during the divorce proceedings?

No, it was never addressed in the decree. When we were married it was a joint email and afterward my name was taken off the billing, however, he kept the same email address and never bothered to change the password. Sneaky I was, but criminal I am not. As of last week, the prosecutor had no charges pending for me, and I left a message for the investigating officer, to which I have had no reply. I am assuming that they have chosen not to pursue the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back