Wrongly evicted by harassment

Pura Puresa

Jurisdiction
California
My landlord has threatened me, harassment because he wants us to move out . Has lied, Vandalism to vehicles change locks so I haven't received key. Defamation, harassment, threats of violence and done to my husband. Police came did nothing. What to do?

My landlord has threatened me, harassment because he wants us to move out . Has lied, Vandalism to vehicles change locks so I haven't received key. Defamation, harassment, threats of violence and done to my husband. Police came did nothing. What to do?
Why does he want you to move out so badly? Are you behind on your rent? If so, how far behind?

Is this the same LL you wrote about in your previous threads?

What to do?

It is time to search for another place to reside.

You want to avoid being served with any official eviction papers.

Yes, it will be disruptive to your lives.

However, an eviction filing will destroy your ability to rent decent housing for DECADES.

In the interim, minimize or limit your contacts with the landlord.

Be civil, calm, polite, and non-confrontational during the remainder of your stay in your current residence.

My landlord has threatened me,

Threatened you how?

harassment because he wants us to move out .

Wanting you to move out isn't harassment. Why does he want you out? Why not simply give you an eviction notice?

To whom and about what?

Vandalism to vehicles change locks so I haven't received key.

Huh?

Defamation, harassment, threats of violence and done to my husband.

Ummm...huh?

What to do?

Unless you want to provide us with a coherent story about what has happened, the only possible intelligent answer to this question is that you should move.

Has lied, Vandalism to vehicles change locks so I haven't received key.

Have you been locked out of the apartment? If so, this is illegal and comes with some stiff monetary penalties.
Have you reported this illegal lockout? If police won't take any action you may still initiate a civil action.
If you don't know what to do then seek legal counsel locally.

Back