Wrongly accused of cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Is my case worth anything? My school has recently accused and suspended me for plagiarism. The claim was made by an academic tutor (someone who basically helps me organize myself) of mine who thought I owed him money. He basically told my school that he has the same essay as mine because I stole it from him. I've shown the school both text messages and emails of him simply editing my essay, yet I still received a 0 for the paper. The only proof they have against me is emails he sent them that sounded like he was paid to write the whole paper, which isn't true! They're obviously not changing their mind about this, even with the evidence I have shown them. Is there anything I can do about this? My teacher looks at me in disgust and thinks I'm a cheater as well as the deans...help!

Is my case worth anything? My school has recently accused and suspended me for plagiarism. The claim was made by an academic tutor (someone who basically helps me organize myself) of mine who thought I owed him money. He basically told my school that he has the same essay as mine because I stole it from him. I've shown the school both text messages and emails of him simply editing my essay, yet I still received a 0 for the paper. The only proof they have against me is emails he sent them that sounded like he was paid to write the whole paper, which isn't true! They're obviously not changing their mind about this, even with the evidence I have shown them. Is there anything I can do about this? My teacher looks at me in disgust and thinks I'm a cheater as well as the deans...help!

Sorry, you refused to pay, and perhaps he screwed you over by lying.

You can talk to a lawyer and see what he or she advises, but schools and colleges are pretty much free to run their establishments without state and/or court intervention.

You might want to speak with the "tutor" and see apologize, say you were mistaken and what would it take for him to retract his accusations.

But, be careful, that might look like bribery.

If I were you, I'd speak with an attorney and file whatever appeal the school offers and plead my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back