Wrongfully Terminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewtyhsry7j

I was recently terminated under the condition that the company was changing its business model from development to licensing, and that therefore my position was no longer required. I was a senior hardware engineer and one of the last employees to be let go. Recently I have been told that the company has gone back to the same business model from before my termination a little over 4 months ago. Before I received payment for vacation time I hadn't taken I had to sign a release agreement for all liabilities the company could be held accountable for. However that was before I realized the business plan hadn't changed permanently and so my termination was unnecessary. Can I still hold them liable?
More importantly, is the agreement I signed not binding since my termination in the first place was not necessary?

Follow the link below to see what a wrongful termination really means. Be mindful that your employer can fire you at any time and for no reason. It is called the At Will Employment Doctrine, so the fact that they changed business models does not mean that you were wrongfully terminated and that they need to hire you back. Finally, when you sign a release agreement, you cannot make it void just because you have found out that they are back doing what they used to do before your leaving the company. Hope this helps!

http://www.employeeissues.com/wrongful_termination.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back