Wrongfully Repossessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampyy

Today, 12/15/2007.. My truck was repossessed from my place of employment. Knowing I was current on my payments and I wasnt behind, I called 911 to make a report. I was then told it was reported to them as being repossessed and to contact my finance company. Upon doing so, I was told by my finance company to contact police again, cause no such ordered was issued on my vehicle.

To cut to the chase, the tow company hired to deal with the repossession, Repo'd the wrong vehicle. The Tow company called to explain and assured me that my vehicle would be returned, even going as far as asking if they could send me a pizza on them. What are my legal rights in this matter??
Having to deal with this while at work, the embarrassment i went thru in front of my co workers and supercisors, not to mention the stress and panic attack that I had is not going to be smoothed over with a pizza..

Any suggestions??
Thanks in advance
Angie

You can file a complaint with the Licensing agency that gave the tow company the right to tow the vehicle (I have no idea who that would be) and the owners of the tow company. Also, file a compalint with the Attorney's General's Office of your state and the BBB in your town. You won't get any monetary compensation, but the satisfaction that you took action and that they will have to respond to the complaints inconveniencing them as much as they inconvenienced you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back