Wrongfully maxed by bouncer

Shawbran0415

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
Last night I was walking home and WAs stopped by a lady asking me to walk in the club to find her friend so I agreed went to the door and the female bouncer said your not coming in and I said I just need to look for a friend and she pushed me causing me to fall out the front door about 1 foot drop into my back at the time it was just a little soar afterword I notice two females fighting one was really hurting the other I went over to break the two up at that time a male bouncer came out an pepper sprayed us all causing me to go into a panic attack emt and the police where dispatched the cop helped me off the ground over to the emt truck to calm me down and wash the substance out of my eyes I showed absolutely no sighn of verbal or phisical threatening behavior after 20 min of them calming me down and soaking me with water the cop kindly took me to my home because I couldn't see also the cop knew I had nothing to due with the fight just an innocent bystander trying to help I mentioned I was going to seek punitive damages and the cop said "I would too" today i am bed ridden face on fire soar throat and a terrible back ache so bad I'm thinking of an ER visit what should I do I'm at a loss for words I didn't deserve this due to untrained aggressive nightclub bouncers please help

Last night I was walking home and WAs stopped by a lady asking me to walk in the club to find her friend so I agreed went to the door and the female bouncer said your not coming in and I said I just need to look for a friend and she pushed me causing me to fall out the front door about 1 foot drop into my back at the time it was just a little soar afterword I notice two females fighting one was really hurting the other I went over to break the two up at that time a male bouncer came out an pepper sprayed us all causing me to go into a panic attack emt and the police where dispatched the cop helped me off the ground over to the emt truck to calm me down and wash the substance out of my eyes I showed absolutely no sighn of verbal or phisical threatening behavior after 20 min of them calming me down and soaking me with water the cop kindly took me to my home because I couldn't see also the cop knew I had nothing to due with the fight just an innocent bystander trying to help I mentioned I was going to seek punitive damages and the cop said "I would too" today i am bed ridden face on fire soar throat and a terrible back ache so bad I'm thinking of an ER visit what should I do I'm at a loss for words I didn't deserve this due to untrained aggressive nightclub bouncers please help

If you're troubled by any reactions to last night's encounter you should seek a thorough, comprehensive medical exam at an urgent care center, or hospital ER.

Once you've been examined by a PHYSICIAN, you should then discuss any concerns with a couple of local personal injury attorneys.

In the interim, it could help your legal position if you had the names and particulars of any witnesses, especially the very nice police officer who helped you.

You should also ask for a copy of the EMS report, if one is available. Your attorney will need that, plus your medical evaluation.

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery.

Last night I was walking home and WAs stopped by a lady asking me to walk in the club to find her friend so I agreed went to the door and the female bouncer said your not coming in and I said I just need to look for a friend and she pushed me causing me to fall out the front door...

Sounds like you might have been trying to be too pushy about going in. If it seemed like you were refusing to leave then I'd say physical force was probably justified.

As the judge advised, speak to an attorney after your comprehensive physical. Do it as soon as possible.

I was asked only asked once to leave then was forcefully shoved I'm on day two and somehow I keep getting peperspray in my eyes and waking up with gunk covering my eyes I am going in the morning to the local ER because I still am in terrible pain thanks for your help

Also I didn't think they where allowed to peperspray anyone unless they where in direct harm I was just trying to break a fight up not aggressively I never touched anyone phisically also we where outside the club

Also I didn't think they where allowed to peperspray anyone unless they where in direct harm I was just trying to break a fight up not aggressively I never touched anyone phisically also we where outside the club

This is simple.
We have no authority to make anyone do anything.
You don't either.
This will be a long, slow process.
Legal remedies are rarely quick.
So, get a complete medical evaluation/examination.
By waiting, you may have damaged, perhaps even destroyed your case.
Again, you get the medical exam.
Follow the orders of the physician.
See an attorney as soon as you can after the exam.
Don't wait a week, start calling for appointments on Monday.
If you're ill, or on bed rest, some attorneys will come to you.

You don't win lawsuits because you are experiencing pain alone.
You'll need to prove damages, significant, sustained damages, and that's where your attorney comes into play.

I suggest you focus on civil damages.
Forget trying to pursue criminal charges.
If that was going to work, the nice officer and his crew would have done things differently.

For at least the next six to eight months stay way from the site of your beatdown.

Good luck.

...somehow I keep getting peperspray in my eyes...

If you shower and wash your hair you shouldn't have that problem. I don't think I have to say you should wash all the clothes you were wearing that night.

If you just came home and got into bed there could be residue on your bedding so that should be washed too.

So, a random woman asks you to go into a club and look for another random woman you do not know? How were you to find this person? Why would the one looking for the friend not go look? Why would you not explain to the bouncer that you were looking for someone? Why were you denied entrance? I get the feeling there is a lot more to this story, and your claim to be playing good Samaritan in breaking up a fight. If one comes upon two adults in the middle of a fight, one calls the police, or let the bouncer handle it. It makes no sense to get in the middle of it. Pepper spray is legal most places and there isn't a hard and fast rule about when it may be used in places where it is legal.

Back