Wrongfully fired /help any options

B

Bigal

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Took 4 weeks to get hired then worked 2 day first day 12hrs sec day 11hrs then my third day I was sunburn really badly on my neck and arms I told my foremen that I was sunburned that if got it checked by doctor could I come back today. Theformen replied no just be here in the morning at 6:00am I said ok then I showed up 6:00am that next day I went to give him the doctors note he said its not going to help me then fired me.

Was trying to find some information thanks

You can be fired for most any reason, for no reason, or just because the boss likes to use her power.

Your firing wasn't prohibited under law.

Sorry, but while possibly unfair, what you have described does not constitute an illegal firing under the law. Your options are to file for unemployment and look for a new job.

You can be terminated, in at-will employment, at any time for any reason except for a reason prohibited by law such as religion, gender, race.....or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary. Based on what you posted, this was not a wrongful termination.

File for unemployment ins. (the state will decide if you qualify) & look for other employment.

Good luck.

Back