Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion wrongfully accused of stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellothere11

So, here's where my story begins. I lived with my cousin and roommate, we have been having issues ever since we moved in together so I decided to move out. My land-lord lives right next to me so my mother and I went to talk to him to see how we could resolve this issue. I told him I was moving out and I will continue to pay off my lease on time. So walked from his house to mine to gather up some of my belongings. I got all my clothes and gathered up and wrote down on a piece of paper what was all mine and wrote on the note that I couldn't find my bills so I knew they were in her room. My cousin has a night stand right next to her bed that is see through, you could see that my papers were in the bottom drawer so my mom went and grabbed them and we walked out and I locked the front door behind me. I woke up to a text message from my cousin saying that my mom stole a couple of purses and a couple of rings and perfume. My mother walked into the house with nothing and walked out of the house with nothing but my personal mail. We have no idea what to do but let our family think we did something. They called the cops and the sheriff called my mom and left a VM saying to return her call, I'm expecting to get a statement from her. I have been receiving that nastiest and hateful text messages from them to, threating me and my mother. Calling us things you couldn't imagine. Is there anything we can do? anything and everything would help, thank you. If I am missing something don't hesitate to ask. Thank you.

Completely ignore her and the police. You have no obligation to talk to either of them.
You have moved out and you have your property. Put this behind you.

Agree, you and mom have no reason to talk to police or anyone else. If they formally charge her, you apparently are a witness.

I agree in general - but given that your Mom did take something, law enforcement may just take their word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back