Wrongfully accused of shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldridge

I went to the mall (shopping center) I brought in somethings like a scarf and some sunglasses and a backpack. These were personal items now the
backpack that store doesn't sell but they do sell the scarf and the sunglasses now the scarf or the sunglass nor did my backpack had a tag nor did they find a tag then was taken in the back office and I asked to see the tape that they hadand they did not show me nothing and they kept my things and gave me a court sumance what should I do

I went to the mall (shopping center) I brought in somethings like a scarf and some sunglasses and a backpack. These were personal items now the
backpack that store doesn't sell but they do sell the scarf and the sunglasses now the scarf or the sunglass nor did my backpack had a tag nor did they find a tag then was taken in the back office and I asked to see the tape that they hadand they did not show me nothing and they kept my things and gave me a court sumance what should I do

I have worked retail theft for a long time and if your story is accurate I will be surprised if DA even takes case. If he does he MUST prove your guilt which will not be possible based on your version of event

I have worked retail theft for a long time and if your story is accurate I will be surprised if DA even takes case. If he does he MUST prove your guilt which will not be possible based on your

Y do u think they did not show me the tape cent they went through all that n not show me the tape

I have worked retail theft for a long time and if your story is accurate I will be surprised if DA even takes case. If he does he MUST prove your guilt which will not be possible based on your version o

They should have found tage and they didn't . I dont have a recite but those tinisg were mine.what do I do

They must prove you stole items this means they must have proof of theft based on your post they wont have that proof. If you want tape request it during discovery process

Get a lawyer.

Plead not guilty.

The video should show you entering with the scarf and sunglasses on. Otherwise it would show you stuffing them into your backpack.

Actually we don't know what video will show as we don't know position or capabilities of the camera or if its even working. Heck it could even be dummy dome or camera. What we do know is it wont show the OP selecting the items accused of stealing and without selection they have no theft. If they do indeed have a recording of the OP entering store then yes it will or should show the items in question with him as he entered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back