Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Wrongfull MIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMe2004

I have an upcoming court date for an MIP charge on may 23 and was looking for legal advice. I'm 20 years old and I believe i was wrongfully charged and could get the case thrown out of court, any input would be greatly appreciated. Here is what happened. I got pulled over for for almost pulling out in front of a cop ( i was messsing with the stereo). The officer gave me a sobriety which i passed. He asked if i was drinking i told him the last drink i had was literally a little over 4 hours before(which it was) and that i had nothing to drink since. The officer then gave me and my friend who was in a car a breathalizer. Without letting me see the results he then told me a blew a .14, the other officer told my friend the same thing. Now this would be impossible considering i had three drinks 4 hours before. He then told me he was charging my with minor in possession and arrested me and my friend. I asked him how he could charge me with possession when i had no alcohole in my possession and he said because i still had alcohole in my blood. We then had to sit in jail for 12 hours over night till we got bailed out by my buddies father. Now I have given all the information conserning this and i was wondering if i still should plead not guilty which i was planning on doing? Any advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back