Wrongful Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend1030

WRONGFUL TERMINATION Me and a co worker went down for a cigarette on a Friday. Friday's at work we get out at 3:00 p.m. we went down at 2:30. WE had recieved an e-mail about two weeks prior about no more breaks after lunch on Friday's. I've been working there for 5 years going down on Friday's for a break, it became routine. THis particular Friday our boss came down and proceeded to yell at us. ME and my co-worker went to put our cigarettes out and walk back up stairs and in doing that my co-worker was shoved into the door. 15 minutes after the incedent my boss, the one that shoved my co-worker tried to course me into seeing something that didn't happen, she wanted me to lie. COme that Monday, when the big boss called me in and found out that i wasn't going to lie, me and that co-worker were fired. They used the excuse of the break to fired us and said that we were warned both verbally and in writing, and that isn't true, i never signed anything ever. I want to get damages for them destroyed my credability for any future jobs. SHould i persue this? What they did was wrong, i put 5 years in with this company and they fire me over a break? My office manager is aloud to assault employees and get away with it? She still works there.....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back