Wrongful termination

Jenarias

Jurisdiction
California
Hello I was recently fired and they pulled me in the office, didn't ask me to sign anything and when I ask for my paperwork they said I didn't have to sign anything. I asked for my check and they said. It wood be directly deposited to me and to.please leave. They said the course of termination was inconsistency. My department is severly understaffed and they said I wasn't fast enough. I have asked many times for help and training but none was provided. I also believe it was in retaliation. A week before I had to.leave for a family emergency, I asked the manager and he said go ahead and leave. The next day my supervisor said that I could of done more in a very catty manner. I told her manger what she said and he said he would talk to her. Ever since she has been avoiding me, refusing to talk to me and if I ask her a question she gets irretated. I have talked to her in the pass regarding her attitude with me and how she stresses me put. Her herself left for a month due to stress leave. Do I have a case here?

I doubt it. I don't see any illegal retaliation here. In at will employment you can be terminated at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law (ie religion, race, gender) or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

You can file for unemployment ins. (the state will decide if you qualify) & look for other employment.

Good luck.

Nothing that you have posted is indicative of a wrongful termination. There is no mandatory signature required. Your employer is not required to provide you with help no matter how many times you ask. Retaliation for tattling on your supervisor is legal.

A wrongful termination means that there is a specific law that would prohibit the employer from terming you for the reason he did. What law do you believe was violated?

Back