Wrongful termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theyscrwdme

I believe I was wrongfully terminated. In jan 2013 had a brain tumor and requested time off for dr appts. And treatment plans. And there were times I was sent home because of my illness. In Feb 2013 my home was violently robbed, completely destroyed. Which resulted in my identity being stolen, my personal bank account depleted. As well as receiving both to my work phone & personal phone life threatening phones call, which a co-worker, my supervisor, and HR personel heard voicemails. I had some absents, to clean & board up my home. As well as trying to find assistance to help cover the costs of the damage. And to speak with the police about the life threatening calls & hopefully get some help. I had advised my Supervisor of the days & times I would be out, which were mosty half days. And I told him I would make up as much time as I could. As requested I filled out the requests for time off form and emailed it to him. Which he was suppose to have submitted the requests to our HR dept. Regretfully he did not. About a week later I was taken into a meeting, which my absents were barely mentioned, with my supervisor and manager. Then about a week later I was asked to a meeting by my supervisor, and HR. I was informed that the meeting was called by my boss. He stated that because I was going thru such a difficult time he felt that I needed to talk with hr to see if there was anything they could do to help. And again my absentees were mentioned near the end of the meeting. HR requested copies of all police reports, & dr notes to verify. It takes 10 business days to file for each police report, there were 2 rpts each. And 5-7 business days to send it plus $10 for each rpt. And I also requested Dr notes for my dr appt and er visits which take about 5-7 business days to receive. I was fired 3 days later. As a result of all this I lost my home, my car, have become homeless, and was forced to move my children in with their father. I had been with this company for 5yrs, had moved up to higher positions, and was even nominated for employee of the quarter. Not to mention I've never in the 5 yrs had an issue with being absent. Do I have a case?

How many employees does this employer have within 75 miles of your location?

OVER ALL, how much time did you miss for illness and how much for other reasons? I am not concerned with whether or not you had doctor's notes or whether you had called in or told the employer about it in advance. I am concerned ONLY with the total number of days, weeks, or months that you missed for illness, and the number of days, weeks or months that you missed for reasons other than illness. We'll worry about the other issues later.

Whoops, cbg answered. I'll shut up now. :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back