wrongful termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathimgr

I feel like I was wrongfully terminated when I was asked to write a statement about my general manager stating that he told me to change job codes at work and if i would do so my employment would be secure. I was suspended 5 hours later, and terminated 13 days later. Not only was I termed but 2 other managers and the GM was. I feel like the director just wanted to clean house. I have never received any disciplinary action in my job. It is with a large corporation and I feel wrongfully terminated, and because of that I'm finding it hard to get employment elsewhere.

Last edited:
A "wrongful termination" occurs when an employee is fired in violation or a specific law, not because the firing may be unfair.

How is this stopping you from getting hired elsewhere? Are you getting interviews?

It was stated that I was termed for violation of company policy for changing job codes. I have had several interviews but what no outcome. My issue is I was let go because I did what I was told to do. Not only was I termed but 2 other mgrs and the GM

You were not "wrongfully terminated" under the law. It's possible that your former employer is giving you a poor reference; there are companies who will pose as a prospective employer and give you feedback about what the company tells them. But in this economy, people are going months without even getting an interview, let alone a job offer. Again, it may have been unfair, but unless you can prove that the you have suffered damages, i.e., you would definitely have gotten job X, but you didn't solely because former employer A told out-and-out lies, you don't have a case for anything except unemployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back