wrongful termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

pam_smith

i was wrongfully terminated when i as having a bad divorce.her mother knew my boss at the time she made a phone call to him then iwas fired.i was told it was bad conduct.3 years later iam trying to get rehired they say an associate told i had them contact now my x for me which is not true so now i cant be rehired what can i do to clear my name and get back with the company.it has taken me 3 mthsto get this much info from the human resource lady?

First, a wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired unfairly or for something you didn't do. It is not a wrongful termination unless a specific law exists that prohibits the employer from terming you for the reason they did. Unless there is much more to the story than you have posted, you were not wrongfully terminated under the law, even though it may have been unfair.

Secondly, even if you did have a wrongful termination claim, which you do not, three years is beyond the statute of limitations for most claims in most states.

Third, there is nothing you can do to force them to rehire you or to make you eligible for rehire. No law tells employers who they can and cannot be made ineligible for rehire; the law is not going to force them to hire you just because you want to work for them again. They do not owe you a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back