wrongful termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

botero13

I am a senior certified technician with a large pharmacy company. I was suspended after failing a drug test and then fired two days later. Under normal circumstances I understand the reasoning and would agree. Here's where my case differs:
1) i recieved the info that I failed from a co-worker whom was told by an assistant manager
2) I was interviewed, putting it nicely, by two men. one from loss prevention and one was the district supervisor. I did not have my store or phamacy manager with me, nor did either one know. I was drilled for about 15 minuntes then left a lone for another 15-20 while they drilled another technician. After a total of 45 min I was suspended.
*case for being suspended: i needed to get my paper work faxed to them for my current prescriptions for an injured rotator cuff. I also tested positive for vicodin, which I didn't have a script for.
3) Two days later I was fired via the telephone and still have not signed any paper work

this is where it gets frustrating, I had given my prescriptions back to my pharmacy manager because of cross contamination. She fixed it and we didn't think anything else of it. After my suspension my manager found other contaminated scripts, these scripts all are fill from our Yuyama machine. The company came out to test and clean the machine and found that the timing was off which was leaving pills in the shoot, which were vicodin pills. They verified that there was over a 95% chance that mine and others could have had vicodin pills dropped in thier bottles. My manager also had them do a log search to see what drugs were filled right before mine, and they confirmed it was vicodin.
My manager has called and emailed the district manager that fired me, the loss prevention and the district manager's boss. She has heard no response from anyone.

My manager is the one wanting me to pursue this legally(I just want my job back) she believes that I was wrongfully fired. That with the info above and more that we have that I should be re-hired and compensated for time off, defimation, privacy violation and wrongful termination.

thank you
beth

A wrongful termination does not mean what most people think it means. A wrongful termination does not mean that the termination was unfair, unjust, unexpected, a violation of company policy, or for something you didn't do. It is not a wrongful termination unless you were terminated for a reason prohibited by law, which is not the case here.

If the company wants to rehire you and provide you with compensation, fine. But nothing you have posted supports a claim of wrongful termination under the legal definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back