Wrongful Repossession

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbkaq1r

My vehicle was recently repossessed mistakenly by my auto finance company who have already admitted to wrong doing and have apologized for doing so. They have agreed to pay me for lost wages for taking the day to recover my vehicle at the tow yard. As a result of the towing my vehicle was damage (small deep scratches) on the hood and my vehicle was dragged about 40-50 feet. I was able to figure out that my car was dragged because there were track marks leading out of my reserved parking spot down the parking lot and took pictures of the track marks. I took the day off from work (because I didn't have a car to get me there) and had my father drive me over an hour away to obtain my vehicle from a tow yard, other wise it would have taken the tow company up to 48 hours to return my vehicle to me. I have not only experienced damages to my vehicle but also damage to my credit report for having a repossession reported on it.

My auto finance company is trying to avoid responsibility for paying for damages and claiming that the vehicle was not dragged from my spot. I am concerned that my car will have serious mechanical damages in the future as a result of the car being dragged (transmission, struts/shocks, axel etc) so I want to get an attorney.
My question is, how do I quantify potential damages/costs for car repair and credit report repair in a case like this?
Thanks,

David

Q: My question is, how do I quantify potential damages/costs for car repair and credit report repair in a case like this?

A: For the repair, you add up all the repair costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back