Consumer Law, Warranties wrongful loss of contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalcom1

contracted by Circuit City Stores Inc. (CCSI) for home installations in jan 04
awarded the "City Of Excellence Award" for exceptional performance march 05
I have been doing contract work for CCSI for the last 3 years in November of 2006 I was told that our contract was pulled for performance reasons. The new area manager who is charge of contractors had only been on the job for less than 30 days. I had advised him that I just found out two days prior that the account was set up wrong. I asked if he was aware of this he said no. But since there were so many complaints we would have to change our business name and let some time go by so we agreed that 90 days would be sufficient.

CCSI hired a 3rd party company to manage scheduleing. who set up our account wrong resulting in missed appointments and customer complaints. I had written emails and called both the area manager and the 3rd party company stating that there has to be something wrong because what was happening was not in our control and by our reputation this was not the way we do business. The finger was pointed by the two of them to one another saying it was the others fault and hold on since they had just switched to this new company nationwide it will all work itself out.

New area manager stated he pulled our contract for performance reasons. He has no documentation of such he said it was what others were saying. There was no notification in writing as in accordance with section 17 of our contract that either party has to be notified in writing.

I wrote an email to the corporate office explaining of the details and I was contacted by their legal dept. Since I have invoices that are still unpaid in excess of 180 days.

After explaining about the 3rd party company mistake area manager He said we could return to work after some time had passed and that we would have to change our company name.

Agreeing that 90 days would be sufficient. He went back on his word and said we would not be returning as a sub contractor After asking for written notice of termination area manager said he never cancelled our contract. I thought is this just his way of harrassing us, or punishing us! He said if he did that would require getting the corporate attarneys involved. But because of my letter I managed to get them involved already.
He put us as inactive status, which is the same thing, NO WORK. He lied about what he had done before in November. Now he was trying to do damage control.

He had been in his position for less than 30 days when decision was made. He was advised against this decision by the previous area manager.

There are several invoices unpaid to us that have been submitted 3-4 times for payment in excess of 180 days past due. apprx amount is $27,000

After writing an E-mail to the corporate office advising of this action I was contacted by their legal dept. Now, any parties that I have talked to stated that they are under legal restraints to have any communication with me or my company.

Here are some facts:
CCSI does not nold valid license to contract. it Expired 2001
CCSI asked us to dedicate all resources to them in July 2006
CCSI established an employee/employer relationship by managing all aspects of the work to include implementing a dress code and uniform shirt with their brand and logo. Dictating days and hours to work.

Mandating we go into their stores for training and support on the sales floor at least once a week without any compensation.

mandated that we open an account with the new scheduling company to continue to get work without any compensation for the added expense.

CCSI has not responded to several calls,emails etc..

CCSI caused business, personal hardship without just cause

I am losing my home because of their mistake.

It will take me at least a year to recover from this.

Can I charge them late fees and finance charges for the overdue invoices?
Since their licensed has been expired is the contract legal?
How can I seek compensation for damages to my company?
Can I go after the person(s) in small claims for the wrongful discharge and lying about the contract causing the damage to the company?

I need to know how to pursue this from here.

Take your case to a good business attorney very soon; have the lawyer evaluate your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back