Wrongful Eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latte2001

I live in an apartment in Columbus, Ohio. My rent is due on the 1st and considered late on the 6th of the month. My lease ended July 31st, 2008, but I had too give a 60-day notice to vacate so I am currently living there on a month-to-month basis. I notified my leasing office that my rent was going to be late for July. I never received a 3-day notice to pay or vacate. I eventually paid my rent on July 26th, 2008 and was told that everything was fine. I even gave them my 60-day notice to vacate the same day.

On July 29, 2008 there were the papers that my complex filed with the court to have me evicted and requesting my presence in court on August 13th, 2008 on my door :eek:. They filed on July 11th, 2008. I contacted the property manager on July 30th, 2008 and explained what happened. She stated that my rent was current and paid in full and she would contact her lawyer to have the eviction stopped :D. I paid my rent for August on time and did not go to court.

On August 19th, 2008 I paid all remaining balances and fees on my account. I went to my apartment and found a red tag on my door giving me 5 days to vacate my apartment or else my property would be set out on the curb without further notice to me :angryfire. I contacted my rental office and they told me that they did tell their lawyer to stop the eviction and that they were having problems with their lawyer and that it would be taken care of.

My problem is that I don't know what to do. My apartment complex is saying that they are not evicting me, but now I have a judgement for eviction on the municpal courts website which I think will show up on my credit even though I am not being evicted. What do I do to correct this? :duel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back