wrongful bank debit

Status
Not open for further replies.

parastudent

I am a bit confused. I had my wallet stolen in 12/07 and filed a police report and did all the procedures that my bank requested from me immediately. I had a form that I had to complete and return by fax. I faxed it and they claimed to never receive it, so I had an employee watch the fax machine on there end as I faxed it for the third time. She confirmed that it was received. They credited my account for the stolen amount. Now, they have debited my account for the stolen amount, when i called and asked why, they said that they never received the form, and that there were other forms that were mailed to me that I had to return. I never received the other forms, and they never notified me via telephone. Now that I noticed the money was debited, I called them and they said it was to late, that the end of may was the deadline. I don't see how it makes any sense, that I would go through all the trouble of making sure that they received the first and only document that I had faxed over, and I not be sure to send any other required documents to them as they said they needed. :mad:

Does this sound legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back