Wrongful arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanaRe

My husband was arrested with a warrant from a county located more than 100 miles from where we live in NC. The warrant was issued for 3 felony counts of kidnapping. He was arrested by the local police who were serving the warrant issued by the other county and bail was set at $75K. Upon securing his release, we began to research the "facts" listed on the warrant. The incident occurred in the early evening, approx 6:40 PM and the location was approx 120 miles from where we live and work. When we checked with my husband's employer, we found that according to the time records, he worked from 9:00 Am until 5:30 PM. Also, he plays guitar in a rock band and the band had a paying job that evening beginning at 8:30 PM. We gathered the records and had notarized statements from the band members and the club owner verifying my husband's presence at the club. The charges are due to be dismissed but we want to know if there is some recourse available to us; the bond cost us over $9K (which I assume will not be returned to us even though the charges were false) as well as the fact that the arrest occurred in the middle of the day from our home, in front of the entire neighborhood. No one from any law enforcement agency ever interviewed my husband or asked the question of where he was on the day the kidnapping occurred and could he prove his whereabouts. I believe the sheriff's dept had a duty to at least ask the "accused" to refute the claim that he was involved.

Thanks you for any advice you can give as to what to do next.

You need to speak with a lawyer who handles cases such as this to see if you stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back