Wrongful Administrative Leave?? What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rptrchik

On 3/22/12 I was put on administrative leave for the second time. I have been accused of doing several different things like sticking my finger in my Supervisors face, saying fetch, and calling one of them Punk. I have a sense of humor about some of these things and most of them I don't even remember doing them. My district manager willnt even show me the proof they have on camera or on paper. During our phone conferences the district manager will yell at me and ask me well why you did this etc. What made you want to do that? I don't know why or even if I did any of these things. I want to know why myself. In the recent past I have had a Dr's note stating how anxiety makes me act some ways that I do. I requested to my company and my medical counselor that it be looked into me possibly being diagnosed with other mental disorders. Possibly that's why I am acting the way I am. Within the last few years that the current store manager has been here she has told a few associates how she wants to get rid of the old associates that have been there for several years. Out of about 10 of us there are less than 5 of us left. The current manager also has told former supervisors and managers to document every little thing that I do wrong so they can get rid of me. I feel that I am being singled out. I have gone to HR to get help and the district manager. I feel that this company is doing several things wrong. Plus it is making my depression much worse, making me feel worthless. I have a lot of documentation that I have over the years that I have given HR and they said it is from too long ago so they just dismissed all of it and ignored anything that I did document. I need someone's help about all this. I finally do have an appointment with a counselor to possibly diagnose me with any other mental disorders the week of April 1st. By then I think it will be too late to even tell my employer about any new disorders I might have. The district manager said that he will call me the first part of next week. Please help me I don't know where to turn and I don't have any money to pay someone. I just know in my heart that what this company is doing to me is not right. Please help me somehow some way? Thanks for your time. I have been with this company for 8 years.

The company is not doing anything wrong. They are not required to show you "proof". You say you don't remember doing all these things - that means you do remember doing some of them. That may be your sense of humor but it is NOT appropriate in the workplace and the company does not have to put up with it. Even if you have mental disorders that does not give you the right to be rude or insubordinate, even if you have a doctor's note. It is not the company's responsibility to get you help.

FYI, they don't need to "document every little thing you do wrong so they can get rid of you". All they have to do is say, rptrchik, your services are no longer required, and show you the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back