Wrong Vin Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownee1908

In August, My husband and I purchased a vehicle and traded in our previously owned vehicle. Since this time we have not received the registration. We have been in the dealership several times requesting the registration and to only be told that they have submitted the paperwork to CA DMV. We visited the DMV and they advised us that the car is registered to someone else and our trade in is still registered in our name. We returned to the Dealership to continue to get the cold shoulder and was advised they would take care of it. Well this Friday my husband was detained by the CA HWY Patrol for possession of a stolen car. Thank God they allowed me to bring in all of our paperwork from the transaction and released him. We found out that the car we have been driving is not the same vehicle on the contract. We are so upset that we want to return the vehicle to the dealership and demand every last penny back. Their screw up caused my husband to spend hours hancuffed in the back of a squad car. Can we return the vehicle and make the dealer purchase it back? Is the dealer able to force us to sign a new contract? If the dealer agrees to buy the vehicle back are we required to pay for the time we used the vehicle? We understand that people make mistakes, but this serious negligence on their part, because we brought the registration issue to them on several occassions and was told that everything was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back