Wrong vin and model on all paper work for used car

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyfitts88

I recently bought a 2014 lancer es and paid cash for it on the lot. Once i got home i noticed that all the paper work was wrong as well. The bill of sale had a completely different car vin and model.

Basically the bill of sale shows that i bought a 2014 lancer evolution not the lancer es. The vin on the bill of sale matched the evolution and not the actual car i left with.

I also decided to look on the we owe form they gave me and it has the lancer evolution vin and model and not the car i bought. The inspection sheet also shows the evolution vin number and not the es.

Im waiting for the title and registration to come in the mail to see if thats wrong as well. What should i do if its the evolution title and not the car that i bought.

Should i ask them to give me the car thats on the paperwork or have them fix all the paper work and keep the es

Last edited:
You should take the paperwork back to the dealer so they can correct it. You are currently driving an improperly registered car.

Go back to the dealership ASAP and get all new paperwork for the vehicle you are driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back