Wrong amount offered ... My fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grace2218

Hello,

I was offered a job in May of 2008 that was set to begin in September. My offer letter stated that I would make 25.44/hr . After working and getting paid that amount my employer has notified me that the human resource director make a mistake . Now my rate of pay will be 12.30/hr. Also I moved out of state for this job and based on this income. Is there anything I can do legally to get compensating. Not asking for the full amount but at least more thatn 12.30/hr thats nothing.

Do the math and see what would be the minimum you can live with. Then, if you see that you cannot make ends meet, then, talk to management and tell them that your decision to take this job opportunity was based on the compensation offered to you in the offer letter and would like to see if there is room for negotiation.

Do the math and see what would be the minimum you can live with. Then, if you see that you cannot make ends meet, then, talk to management and tell them that your decision to take this job opportunity was based on the compensation offered to you in the offer letter and would like to see if there is room for negotiation.

Good advice. Would it be wise for me to send or the letter or have a lawyer do it. There is also an issue that they may agree to pay me , then perhaps fire me within a few months for any reason because i am a at will employee

It may be a good show of faith if you approach the employer before having your lawyer send a letter. A move like that may be considered hostile by the employer.
Good luck. I know I would be hurting if that happened. I am a little concerned that they didn't notice you were being paid double what they intended until now. Strange.

-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back