Written Defense on summons on my mother's estate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie53

Hello! I hope someone can help me. I am the administrator on my mother's estate. I had gotten behind in my mortgage payments, finally the mortgage company had file a preforeclosure suit against me and they served me a summons. I have 20 days to submitt a written defense on my behalf. meanwhile since that summons, i had sent the mortgage co. a lump sum of money and made arrangements for future payments for 40 months. They said everything is on hold until my mortgage in in current and for me not to worry about anything as long i make my payments on time. Meanwhile, a second suit was filed thu the city because my mother had a second mortgage with the city when they remodel the house. The contact said that as long as she or her hiers live in the house for ten years then the contract will be up. She past away 4 years ago and the ten years wasnt up, so they had to counterclaim and crossclaim since my mortgage company had filed. They told me as long as i keep my payments current with the mortgage company at least the ten years are up they will not pursue it. Now that i have both the orginal mortgage co., and the city taken care of, i am wondering if i am suppose to take this matter a step further since i have two summons in the court system. Both told me not worry about it. But i dont want the house be lost because i didnt cover everything. Do i need a lawyer (which i can not afford), or what else do i need to do? This is in Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back