Writ of Garnishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

klasker77

Hello, my name is Kris and I'm new to the Forum. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Here is my question, my fiancee has a writ of garnishment against her. We figured up how much had been taken out and since we figured they were almost finished, she decided to call to make sure. When she called to see how much left they had to garnish from her paycheck, they told her how much had been taken and how much was left to take. However, they amount that they quoted her was more than the total amount on the writ of garnishment. My question is, can they take more than what is stated on the writ of garnishment without some kind of notification? They told her the amount due was for some processing fee, but on the writ all of the fees are listed.

In order to get a writ there has to be a judgment entered in a court. You need to get that order to see what it says. They can charge interest and probably some collection fees. The clerk of court may be of some help since this all depends on the law in your state.

You can demand an accounting where they will have to disclose everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back