Would losing a DL cause loss of housing

Bobsgarage

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Would I lose subsidy housing if my license is suspended? Or is that what a SR-22 is for?

I thought I'd ask as Avvo never answered such a unique question.

Would I lose subsidy housing if my license is suspended? Or is that what a SR-22 is for?

I thought I'd ask as Avvo never answered such a unique question.
That would be a question best asked of the folks at the entity(ies) that provides your subsidy(ies).

I guess its not criminal then since their questions on applications ask "any other criminal records besides traffic issues"
Depending on the cause, it may need to be reported. Nobody here is privy to the rules of your subsidy program(s). If you are not comfortable asking them directly, then ask them to send you a copy of (or a link to) the rules for your program. When you receive the rules, review them carefully and thoroughly.

Would I lose subsidy housing if my license is suspended?

Depends on the laws governing the subsidy. What sort of subsidy are you talking about?

Or is that what a SR-22 is for?

An SR-22 (sometimes knows as a "certificate of financial responsibility") is a document, on file with your state, proving you have car insurance that meets the minimum coverages required by law. Depending on why your driver's license might be suspended, you might be required to obtain an SR-22 and file it with the DMV, but it likely has nothing to do with any housing subsidy.

Would I lose subsidy housing if my license is suspended?

That depends on the exact housing benefit you are getting and the reason why your license is suspended.

Or is that what a SR-22 is for?

SR-22 refers to insurance generally required for drivers considered to be at high risk — with correspondingly large premiums. It's expensive having that insurance. It has nothing to do with whether your benefits may be at risk, however.

Back