Would a court really give him custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

violatedmama

My mother fraudulently obtained custody of my son. She committed fraud and perjury. She was only supposed to have my son temporarily and did not inform me that she'd went to court and obtained custody. I've filed to have her order vacated due to non service and fraud. Hers is a pretty easy case to prove. However, my son's father has now filed for custody. This case is in NJ. Neither he nor I live in NJ but my mother does. In November of 2006 we went to court in NY to establish paternity. At that time I was given sole custody and child support. At the time of this ruling he'd never seen our son. Not even a picture. He did not file for custody nor visitation at that point. He did not file for anything until two weeks after I filed to have my mother's order vacated. It's pretty obvious that him and my mother have gotten together to keep me from getting my son. My question is would the courts give custody to someone who took no interest in their son and had an opportunity to file for custody or visitation and did neither. Or will they vacate my mother's order and honor the order that was put in place by NY.

Last edited:
Highly unlikely a court would give Dad custody since he has no realtionship with the child at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back