Worst Experience Ever

Cristina

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
Hello Please Help, I do not want to walk away from this with nothing being done. I went to a dealership to trade in my 2002 BMW 325XI, the vehicle has been having some problems and wanted vehicle that I would not be putting a lot of money into. I do not have the Best Credit so I went to a dealer that approved bad credit. When I went to the dealership on 08/31/15 we went over everything, saw a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5SE, Test drove the vehicle and liked it it was being sold to me for about 9000-10000 including sales tax, registration and title. They gave me 2000.00 for the BMW that was being traded. After test driving the vehicle I noticed the Check Engine light was on and mentioned it, I was told that would be taken care of the vehicle just came in and had to be serviced. I called a few times between 09/01/15 and 09/10/15 to check on the status of the vehicle, and was told it was in the shop and they were waiting on a part. On September 10th I received a call from the CSR telling me I could pick up the vehicle because it was ready. Upon arriving at the Dealership to pick up the 2005 Altima 3.5SE, I was greeted by the Sales Rep who said to me "we have some good news and some bad news" I looked at him a bit confused and asked what the problem was. I was then told the vehicle I test drove and was expecting to be there "ready" had engine problems and they could bot give it to me. They instead had a vehicle that was also a 2005 Nissan Altima he assured me that it was the same exact make and model as the one I test drove. He had all the paperwork drawn up on this vehicle when I arrived, I did not get a chance to test drive the vehicle nor inspect the vehicle. On the drive home I noticed the car sounded a bit loud and would have a rough Idle while at a stop sign/red light, also the passenger side door was very hard to open as well as close, the gas door lever was broken you had to use a screw driver to open it to fill the tank and the trunk did not lock when pushed to close it you had to manually move the lever over so that the latch can be open when you close the trunk. I contacted the Loan company as well as the dealership in regards to this matter, but never received a call back from the dealership. The loan company said keep them updated on the repairs. A few days later I received a letter from the loan company stating my vehicle was not insured, the letter had the VIN# and my information as well as their contact information. I am a curious person so I was confused as to why the insurance wasn't pulling up for them so I checked the VIN# they had against the actual VIN# on the vehicle I obtained from the dealership, and of course it was a different VIN#. I ran the VIN# on my vehicle through the Mass RMV and it came up as a salvaged Title, upon noticing this I contacted the Loan company because if it was a salvaged/reconstructed Tiltle the car would have been worth less than 50% of the Kelly Blue Book Value, not the actual 9000.00 they were charging me. They explained they do not finance salvaged title vehicles, I contacted the Dealer, they said no problem we will get you into a vehicle. Needless to say they did. I went into the Dealership on 09/21/15 to see the vehicle, in which was another 2005 Altima 2.5S but had a missing cover on the mirror on the drivers side, missing paneling and many dents. I told them I did not want to test drive the vehicle as it had issues that I saw and did not want to wait for a part to come in seeing as though I already had gone through enough. I asked If there was a way we can go back to the drawing board and see what my other options are or If I would be able to pay more weekly for the car. I was asked how much more I had to put as a deposit, i explained that wasn't my intentions and all I had was the 2000.00 from the trad-in, the man said he would have the rep help me in which he never came, he asked me for the key for the Nissan with the salvaged title for a minute in which I gave it to him. I sat there waiting on the rep, next thing you know I saw my trade in vehicle being pulled up and them taking the plates off the Nissan and putting them back on the BMW. I was never told anything I was given a Paper to sign explain that the contract as well as loan were voided, at the end it went on to say do not speak to your lawyer about anything that has gone on. I of course circled and initialed that stating I do not agree. They said you are all set you can leave, i asked what happened to speaking with the rep about my options he said the manager does not want to work with me and that was that. I need help!!! What is there I can do as a consumer??? They falsified VIN number on the loan application, they should not be able to get a way with this

Don't do business with this car dealership anymore and count your lucky stars that you are not paying way too much for a clunker.

It sounds like you are lucky to have received your trade back and be able to walk away from doing business with these folks. In the future, do some research on the dealership before going and request a carfax report on any used vehicle. If the dealership will not provide one you can purchase one yourself. It will flush out things like salvage titles.

Back