Worried about divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaner1

I caught my wife cheating in Oct. '08. I forgave her but I'm sure she is still in contact with the guy she cheated with. We are supposed to start counseling soon and don't know if things will work out. She said she would walk away from the marriage and not 'screw' me but I am worried that no matter what she says I will get the short end of the stick. I do not think I have done anything wrong. I am only guilty of loving her unconditionally, and I still do. I am just worried about divorce and the worst possible outcome, besides being alone. Thanks in advance

Do you have children? You should start preparing for a divorce in case it happens. Her talking to the guy she cheated with should be a deal breaker. Get into counselling now to see if your marriage can be saved but if she is still in contact with the guy she cheated with that is showing a lack of respect.

How long have you been married for? She doesnt have to screw you in a divorce unless you let her.

We have no children. I believe she is constantly texting and chatting online with him. She tries to reassure me that things will work out but I feel in my heart that she is gone and has no love for me anymore. I think I will get a lawyer lined up just in case. We have been together nearly ten years and married for over seven. I have a really difficult time trying to picture my life without her. She is looking for the feelings she had when we first got together and unfortuneately I can not give those to her. She always needs something new and he was there at the right time. the only thing good about it is that years from now I know she will be un happy again and not know why. Thanks for listening...........

I agree you should consult an attorney. You have to understand you cannot save this marriage on your own. She has to be willing but she should not be in contact with this other man at all, if she is something tells me she still has feelings for him. You might want to look into counselling for yourself or join a support group. A divorce may be in the near future here and you need to take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back