Worms in sealed food.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

minerva

My younger brother purchased 5 boxes of Snickers Protein Bars from Wal Mart. He brought them home, opened the box, opened one of the individually wrapped bars and ate half of it before realizing that it was full of worms. Grub-like worms. There were little webs as well. We opened a few more bars and found the rest to be the same. The expiration date on the box shows that it is still fresh for several more months. My brother experienced vomiting and quite obviously mental anguish. I called the customer service number on the box, it was the weekend and they were closed. There was, however, an option on the answering service for a medical emergency line (wich I thought it was odd they found it necessary to have one) I called said line, explained the situation, recieved very little information that was of a medical nature and was given a case # and told customre service would return the call. They have not done so as of yet, this was yesterday. I am wondering what legal action I would be at liberty to take and if it would be beneficial to do so. Is this possibly a product liablilty case or something else? He would like to be compensated in some fashion for this incident. If it would prove ineffective to pursue this in court, I will exert my energies into seeking compensation from the company itself possibly in the form of product or otherwise. I have the remaining boxes that were purchased and we have the opened contaminated bars in sealed bags. please give me any advise you have. Thank you in advance......Minerva

Since you did not indicate that there were any serious and permanent physical damages, you have no case.

This is what I was just explaining to him, but it never hurts to ask, right? Hopefully he will not become ill (as this just happened yesterday) and there will be no serious physical issues. I do , however, feel justified in seeking some form of "restitution" from the company, i.e...cupons, free products, things of that nature. I think it is absolutely disgusting and in reality, have question in my mind about the effectiveness of the safety precautions being taken in their packaging system, or wherever it is in the process that the mistake was made. The box and individual wrappers were sealed which to me would indicate that the problem came from the packaging plant. I even wonder if it would not prove beneficial, atleast in concern for future situations, to alert the FDA or some other agency that might deal with this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back