world mark the club time share

4chloecat2

Jurisdiction
Washington
I have been an owner of a timeshare, worldmark the club for 15 years. Paid off the main title and now dealing with " maintenance dues" . I was in the hospital twice in the last 6 months adid not keep track of my dues payments. The policy of this company has been to send a notice of past due, charge a late fee. Their new un announced policy is to turn the account over to a collection agency immediately and put a $ late fee on it plus a 65.00 fee for the agency. I was never informed if there was a new policy. If they didn't inform me, can they inforce their new policy of collection??

I have been an owner of a timeshare, worldmark the club for 15 years. Paid off the main title and now dealing with " maintenance dues" . I was in the hospital twice in the last 6 months adid not keep track of my dues payments. The policy of this company has been to send a notice of past due, charge a late fee. Their new un announced policy is to turn the account over to a collection agency immediately and put a $ late fee on it plus a 65.00 fee for the agency. I was never informed if there was a new policy. If they didn't inform me, can they inforce their new policy of collection??

Any entity, I suppose, could attempt to pursue collections activity to collect debts the entity believe is owed to it.

If you refuse to pay, I suppose the entity will illustrate by actions what it's willing to do.

There's no way anyone can accurately predict what others will do.

The policy of this company has been to send a notice of past due, charge a late fee. Their new un announced policy is to turn the account over to a collection agency immediately and put a $ late fee on it plus a 65.00 fee for the agency. I was never informed if there was a new policy. If they didn't inform me, can they inforce their new policy of collection??

Read your contract. If you are in default you are fair game for any legal method of collection and there is not likely to be any requirement in your contract for them to notify you of a change in policy.

Back