workmans comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfwomn

I have been hurt on the job and have been waiting for almost 4 weeks for my company to set anything up thru workmans comp. I have missed 10 days of work, what can I do to speed things up. How long does it usually take for workmanx comp to start paying me for my missed days of work: :confused:
wolfwomn

What exactly do you mean when you say you've been waiting for your employer to "set things up" with their WC carrier? Do you mean they have yet to file a First Report of Injury with the carrier? If so, that is not acceptable. I'm sure your State has a time frame within which an employer is required to do this once notified that an occupational illness/injury has occurred.

If the First Report of Injury has been filed, then it's a question of the WC carrier making a determination on liability. If you broke your leg at work falling off a ladder, it's easy to make the determination that the employer/their WC carrier is liable as it clearly happened at work. If you reported a back injury or other sprain/strain injury, that can take longer as even though the employee may say work caused it, that is not always the case. The WC adjuster will want to obtain all the relevant medical reports and possibly even info from your prior medical history before making a determination. That could take some weeks.

What I suggest you do is to contact the employer, ask them what's up with your claim and if nothing else, obtain the name and phone number of their primary claims adjuster with their WC carrier and give him or her a call and ask about the status of your claim.

If your employer hasn't yet filed the First Report of Injury or you can't get answers from anyone, then contact your State's Worker's Compensation Division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back