workmans comp injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytrevino

I was hired as a non tribal member police recruit for a tribal agency. I was receiving pay from the agency while completing the 17 week academy. On the 16th week i tore my hamstring muscle completely off the bone you sit on during the obsticle course run for my completion of training. I was put on doctors light duty and completed all the written and academic testing required and graduated with my class.

I was sworn in by my agency the following week with pension being removed off my paycheck. The state certification was pending on the academy obsticle course re-test but the director of the academy later made the decision to not grant me a re-test for state certification and wants me to complete his academy again.

Now my agency gave me back my pension and had me demoted to a medial office job. I since resigned from this office job and moved out of state. My surgeries on anchoring my hamstrings is completed and preventing me from reaching my 100% physical ability to ever retest as a law enforcement officer. My Orthopedist is writing me out on 32% deficit. The insurance company has been sending a monthly income but have not replied back on a settlement yet.

What is my legal rights on seeking this percentage of disability?
How much would i be entitled to?

Second, Do I need representation for my case?
I can not find an injury lawyer to represent me, all the tribal attorney's i called represent the tribal agency not the individual.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. First of all, we don't know what state you are in. Second, you should probably have had someone assigned to you who could explain to you benefits. Third, why are you being unsuccessful in finding an attorney and why do you feel that you need an "injury lawyer?" The last question may be an issue of terminology and perhaps you mean to deal with a settlement number. What were you advised so far and by whom?

This happened in the state of Arizona POST police academy and i entered the academy as a tribal police recruit.
When i called injury attorney's or state workmans comp they told me since i was employed as a tribal recruit it does not fall under state workmans comp it is a tribal matter because they are self insured. The settlement number has not been decided. I am doing this alone and assuming they will be as fair as state workmans comp.

This happened in the state of Arizona POST police academy and i entered the academy as a tribal police recruit.
When i called injury attorney's or state workmans comp they told me since i was employed as a tribal recruit it does not fall under state workmans comp it is a tribal matter because they are self insured. The settlement number has not been decided. I am doing this alone and assuming they will be as fair as state workmans comp.

This happened in Arizona. The academy was for state certification. I was sworn in on the tribal side for passing the written tests and graduating.
State workmans comp claimed it was a tribal matter, injury lawyers said they were not knowledgable in federal tribal laws.

Evidently not.

Most message boards do not permit the referral of specific attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back