Workman's Comp And Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

WENOTORIOUS

> Can someone please advise me. I have been married to someone for 25 years that do not love .We have been separated for 8 years with no contact. I have since ben in a catostrophic workmans comp settelment waiting to settle. Do I need to divorce her berfore getting a settlement or after so she will
not be eligible for any thing? Pease give advice<

Last edited:
WENOTORIOUS said:
> Can someone please advise me. I have been married to someone for 25 years that do not love .We have been separated for 8 years with no contact. I have since ben in a catostrophic workmans comp settelment waiting to settle. Do I need to divorce her berfore getting a settlement or after so she will
not be eligible for any thing? Pease give advice<

What state are you in? From what I can recall, a settlement is usually not considered martial property to be distributed at least to the extent the settlement compensates the injured for lost wages post-dissolution. I think that settlement issues will also be determined upon just how savvy your soon to be ex is and her attorney and if they will leave no stone unturned. I hope you have good health soon with your injuries and good luck with your divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back