Working with Buffoons

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmr5802

I have supervised a number of people for over a year now. Some I have written up numerous times, they have committed policy violations that have been documented and vertified. However, my HR department will not consent to fire them. They have well past the point in our HR manual that states they should be terminated, and I am stuck continuosly trying to run my department with these people. Now, they are starting to have the attitude that they are "untouchable" making matters even worst. Why do I have to deal with this? Is there any recourse?
I have already talked to the HR director, and he "sympathz :mad: es" with me, but likes to give people chances and does not want the organization labled as fire happy. Easy for him, he does not have to supervise them!!!

There is no legal issue here. You are not the employer, so it is not up to you to decide if someone will be fired or not. If the employer choses to ignore your judgment as a supervisor it is his right to do so.

If you can't get your HR Director to see things your way and authorize terminating these individuals, then you need to escallate the issue and talk to your boss and let him take it to the HR Director's boss.

Unless you've left out some pertinent information, then I agree that your HR Director is making a bad judgment call in not authorizing you to let your worst offenders go if you have the proper documentation and followed your disciplinary policy. As things stand now, your employees know that receiving disciplinary action is meaningless. That is not a good place for any employer to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back